New safety campaign launched
Posted 30 Nov 2018
A new safety campaign was launched by Police and the NZ Transport Agency in the lead up to Christmas.
- $29 million for safety improvements to SH3 Posted 20 Nov 2018 The NZ Transport Agency will conduct trials of speed camera warning signs and average (point-to-point) speed cameras in Auckland in 2019.
- New speed cameras and warning signs to be trialled in Auckland Posted 5 Nov 2018 The NZ Transport Agency will conduct trials of speed camera warning signs and average (point-to-point) speed cameras in Auckland in 2019.
- Upgrading Auckland’s rail crossings to save lives Posted 3 Oct 2018 $7.6 million of funding has been confirmed for automatic pedestrian crossing gates for 11 more Auckland rail crossings to keep people safe.
- Action taken to save lives on region’s highest-risk road Posted 14 Sep 2018 The speed limit will be lowered from 100km/h to 80km/h between State Highway 2 and the Pauatahanui roundabout on SH58 from 22 September as part of a package of safety improvements designed to save lives.
- Record transport investment to get New Zealand moving and save lives Posted 31 Aug 2018 A record $16.9b investment in the land transport system over the next three years to deliver a safer, better connected and more resilient transport system has been announced.
- Safety alert issued for heavy vehicle towing connections Posted 13 Aug 2018 The NZ Transport Agency has issued a safety alert requiring heavy vehicle owners and operators to urgently check towing connections certified by suspended heavy vehicle certifier Richard ‘Dick’ Joyce
- Record low number of bridge strikes on Auckland motorways Posted 7 Aug 2018 The reduced number of reported bridge strikes on the Auckland motorway network shows that drivers are taking care, showing good awareness and responding to warnings.
- Cameras inside Waterview Tunnels to ensure safe speeds Posted 1 Aug 2018 Safety cameras inside the Waterview Connection Tunnels will be activated to encourage safer speeds.
- EVRoam provides safe, reliable information for electric vehicle charging Posted 18 Jul 2018 Associate Transport Minister Julie Anne Genter launched EVRoam – a new initiative providing electric car drivers with real-time information on where they can find reliable charging stations around New Zealand.
- Record transport investment to improve safety Posted 28 Jun 2018 A new 10-year plan for transport has been announced which will unlock record investment in the roads, rail and public transport and save lives on our roads.
- Increasing awareness for safer rural roads at the Fieldays Posted 13 Jun 2018 The NZ Transport site at the Fieldays aims to increase awareness, understanding and support for safety improvements on rural roads.
- Making our rural intersections safer Posted 13 Jun 2018 Innovative electronic speed signs, proven to cut serious crash rates by nearly 80 percent, will be installed at ten more high-risk intersections around the country.
- Light Rail is an exciting opportunity for Auckland Posted 10 May 2018 The NZ Transport Agency is excited to be at the forefront of developing a new light rail network for Auckland and will be working to deliver the best opportunities from that for New Zealand.
- International nod for motorcycle safety Posted 1 May 2018 New Zealand’s work to make our roads motorcycle-friendly has been acknowledged by the international Prince Michael Road Safety Award.