- Extra boost for rural road safety Posted 13 Jan 2019 The NZ Transport Agency will be investing $20 million to upgrade 670 kilometres of rural state highways as part of the Government’s Safety Boost Programme to prevent deaths and serious injuries on rural New Zealand roads.
- Too many people killed over Christmas Posted 3 Jan 2019 The official holiday period ended with nine people tragically killed in crashes on New Zealand roads.
- $1.4 billion to save lives on our roads Posted 16 Dec 2018 The Government announced the Safe Network Programme – a $1.4 billion, three-year programme to make New Zealand’s highest risk roads safer.
New safety campaign launched
Posted 30 Nov 2018
A new safety campaign was launched by Police and the NZ Transport Agency in the lead up to Christmas.
- $29 million for safety improvements to SH3 Posted 20 Nov 2018 A $29 million safety improvement project will be undertaken on SH3 from Waitara to Bell Block to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries.
- New speed cameras and warning signs to be trialled in Auckland Posted 5 Nov 2018 The NZ Transport Agency will conduct trials of speed camera warning signs and average (point-to-point) speed cameras in Auckland in 2019.
- Upgrading Auckland’s rail crossings to save lives Posted 3 Oct 2018 $7.6 million of funding has been confirmed for automatic pedestrian crossing gates for 11 more Auckland rail crossings to keep people safe.
- Action taken to save lives on region’s highest-risk road Posted 14 Sep 2018 The speed limit will be lowered from 100km/h to 80km/h between State Highway 2 and the Pauatahanui roundabout on SH58 from 22 September as part of a package of safety improvements designed to save lives.
- Record transport investment to get New Zealand moving and save lives Posted 31 Aug 2018 A record $16.9b investment in the land transport system over the next three years to deliver a safer, better connected and more resilient transport system has been announced.
- Safety alert issued for heavy vehicle towing connections Posted 13 Aug 2018 The NZ Transport Agency has issued a safety alert requiring heavy vehicle owners and operators to urgently check towing connections certified by suspended heavy vehicle certifier Richard ‘Dick’ Joyce
- Record low number of bridge strikes on Auckland motorways Posted 7 Aug 2018 The reduced number of reported bridge strikes on the Auckland motorway network shows that drivers are taking care, showing good awareness and responding to warnings.
- Cameras inside Waterview Tunnels to ensure safe speeds Posted 1 Aug 2018 Safety cameras inside the Waterview Connection Tunnels will be activated to encourage safer speeds.
- EVRoam provides safe, reliable information for electric vehicle charging Posted 18 Jul 2018 Associate Transport Minister Julie Anne Genter launched EVRoam – a new initiative providing electric car drivers with real-time information on where they can find reliable charging stations around New Zealand.
- Record transport investment to improve safety Posted 28 Jun 2018 A new 10-year plan for transport has been announced which will unlock record investment in the roads, rail and public transport and save lives on our roads.
- Increasing awareness for safer rural roads at the Fieldays Posted 13 Jun 2018 The NZ Transport site at the Fieldays aims to increase awareness, understanding and support for safety improvements on rural roads.