- Test adding News Page Posted 23 Aug 2019 Summary of news here
- Extra boost for rural road safety Posted 13 Jan 2019 The NZ Transport Agency will be investing $20 million to upgrade 670 kilometres of rural state highways as part of the Government’s Safety Boost Programme to prevent deaths and serious injuries on rural New Zealand roads.
- Too many people killed over Christmas Posted 3 Jan 2019 The official holiday period ended with nine people tragically killed in crashes on New Zealand roads.
- $1.4 billion to save lives on our roads Posted 16 Dec 2018 The Government announced the Safe Network Programme – a $1.4 billion, three-year programme to make New Zealand’s highest risk roads safer.
New safety campaign launched
Posted 30 Nov 2018
A new safety campaign was launched by Police and the NZ Transport Agency in the lead up to Christmas.
- $29 million for safety improvements to SH3 Posted 20 Nov 2018 A $29 million safety improvement project will be undertaken on SH3 from Waitara to Bell Block to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries.
- New speed cameras and warning signs to be trialled in Auckland Posted 5 Nov 2018 The NZ Transport Agency will conduct trials of speed camera warning signs and average (point-to-point) speed cameras in Auckland in 2019.
- Upgrading Auckland’s rail crossings to save lives Posted 3 Oct 2018 $7.6 million of funding has been confirmed for automatic pedestrian crossing gates for 11 more Auckland rail crossings to keep people safe.
- Action taken to save lives on region’s highest-risk road Posted 14 Sep 2018 The speed limit will be lowered from 100km/h to 80km/h between State Highway 2 and the Pauatahanui roundabout on SH58 from 22 September as part of a package of safety improvements designed to save lives.
- Record transport investment to get New Zealand moving and save lives Posted 31 Aug 2018 A record $16.9b investment in the land transport system over the next three years to deliver a safer, better connected and more resilient transport system has been announced.
- Safety alert issued for heavy vehicle towing connections Posted 13 Aug 2018 The NZ Transport Agency has issued a safety alert requiring heavy vehicle owners and operators to urgently check towing connections certified by suspended heavy vehicle certifier Richard ‘Dick’ Joyce
- Record low number of bridge strikes on Auckland motorways Posted 7 Aug 2018 The reduced number of reported bridge strikes on the Auckland motorway network shows that drivers are taking care, showing good awareness and responding to warnings.
- Cameras inside Waterview Tunnels to ensure safe speeds Posted 1 Aug 2018 Safety cameras inside the Waterview Connection Tunnels will be activated to encourage safer speeds.
- EVRoam provides safe, reliable information for electric vehicle charging Posted 18 Jul 2018 Associate Transport Minister Julie Anne Genter launched EVRoam – a new initiative providing electric car drivers with real-time information on where they can find reliable charging stations around New Zealand.
- Record transport investment to improve safety Posted 28 Jun 2018 A new 10-year plan for transport has been announced which will unlock record investment in the roads, rail and public transport and save lives on our roads.